Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Second Biggest Question

After "why now?"(see previous post) most of you want to know how we're doing. I'm so thankful to report that after numerous visits to our local cardiologist where I thought I was doing great, but would leave in tears, after our visit with the surgeon, I am feeling completely peaceful and hopeful about Abby's surgery. Somehow, in the midst of those 4 months of constant feedings and feeling the weight of her surgical success hanging in the balance of a few pounds, I began to feel like "that" phase was never going to end. I knew it would, literally, but emotionally I just couldn't get my arms around "the next step." Now that we have a date on the calendar, my heart is flooded with hope! Many, many times during those months, I read Spurgeon's wise words :

"Who told you that the night would never end in day? Who told you that the sea of circumstances would ebb out till there should be nothing left but long leagues of the mud of horrible poverty? Who told you that the winter of your discontent would proceed from frost to frost, from snow, and ice, and hail, to deeper snow, and yet more heavy tempest of despair? Don't you know that day follows night, that flood comes after ebb, that spring and summer succeed winter? Then hope! Hope forever! For God will not fail you. Do you not know that your God loves you in the midst of all this?"

So, thank you all for your concern. We know that October 13 is going to be a very long, hard day, but we are deciding to trust God -- this is HIS problem to solve. The even better news is that Abby is none the wiser...and happy as can be.

1 comment: