Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 2

Grant and I were able to get a few hours of sleep tonight, popping in on Abby off and on. She still has a large chest tube draining extra fluid from her chest and a line in her neck and arm. She's on morphine and a mild sedative if she gets really uncomfortable as well as a number of meds but she is definitely kicking those legs when she isn't happy. In fact, she kicked out the iv in her foot. This was after I was able to give her her first bottle!! She downed 2.5 oz in about 3 minutes- I'd say the equivalent to a slider! We are on our way to that cheeseburger!! The nurse also said if things continue like thus there is a chance she will get moved out of the icu today. She is getting such great care I am not in a huge hurry for that to happen but it will mean she is doing great. Night one was a big success! I know.... Pictures coming soon.

7 comments:

  1. There are so many people praying, God might be getting her better just to get some peace Himself! Keep up the great posts, they are so fun. I woke up to Lori on my cell phone at six this morning to tell me about Abby;s endo tube coming out. God truly is gratious. am

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a little fighter.Thank God she is doing well everyone is praying hard. All I think about is Abby I'cant wait to meet her and hold her. From the East Coast with lots of prayers coming. Go Abby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you all.
    Love,
    Aunt M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out mom, this girl ready for life to begin!! Yea for 2.5 ounces!!!! Go Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABIGAIL! It's Grandma i am sending you kissses and more kisses like you love on your head! Whispering in your ear: "I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!"
    We are going to have a big pink cake for you as soon as you can eat solids! No more staring at the picture pink cake in the L.R. You are going to love cake like your Mama Jill and a pink one to boot! God Bless you all....Great Job all three of you! ABIGAIL Cheer for: ABIGAIL! HEY! HEY! ABIGAIL GO GO HEAL! HEAL! "Miss Precious" You are loved!
    You are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our friends Jerry and Dollie here in Sacramento told us your story and so we've been praying for baby Abby and her Mom and Dad. Our daughter had heart surgery 2 yrs ago at age 4 so our hearts and prayers really do go out to you!
    I had to search quite a bit today to find your blog but I NEEDED an update. So glad things are progressing well! God is able!
    love, the chaney family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel and I are so relieved for you guys. The hardest part is behind you. Be strong, rest when you can and I agree, the PICU is pretty awesome care, I hope you can stay until you feel comfortable going to the regular ped floor. Wishing you strength and sending all our love for your little, and now healing Abigail.
    Laura and Daniel

    ReplyDelete