Thursday, October 29, 2009

More New Things She Can Do!


The picture doesn't quite capture it, but Abby could never hold on to her feet and bring them toward her mouth before. She does it whenever her tummy doesn't hurt and she's happy! I don't know if it's an age thing or a heart thing (i tend to thing the latter, of course) but it's pretty cute. Every time she has done it she spits up a little afterward from smooshing her tummy -- but she doesn't seem to mind. Yet another "new" thing she can do post surgery!  It was actually a bit chilly here yesterday so we busted out an outfit that should've been too small and too hot (it's from a friend in Bend, OR) and it not only fit her, it kept her toasty AND you can see her healing scar through the little hole. Cute, right? (I'm sure no one else thinks her scar is "cute" except for her dad and I). And of course, in lieu of giving the vitamins that make her gag and throw up, we have another way for her and Red the dog to get their Vitamin D. Thank God for warm So Cal weather!

7 comments:

  1. Totally cute!! I love that she is pulling on her feet. The pictures are lovely. I'm amazed that you 'sleepless wonders' can hold the camera still. (wan smile). Hope all of you are eating well!!!!! Love, Rebecca C.M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about Abby's scar. Our son Wyatt has a huge scar across his entire abdomen from his surgery and my husband and I LOVE it! It is part of him and I can't imagine his belly without it! I am so glad Abby is doing so well. She is just precious.
    xo
    Lori Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Jilly - reminds all of us and Katy and the "Feety eaty" stage.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely beautiful and looks as happy as sunshine :) Love to you all!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scar IS cute ! (As is Abby Mae herself, AND her new tricks!) Hope things get better with the iron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lincoln says: "I'm so glad you've discovered the joy of toe snacks. They are some of my very favorite. Love you!" (Me too...)

    ReplyDelete