Thursday, October 22, 2009

Iron Woman



Oh how much more fun watching Iron Man would be than watching my little Iron Woman suffer. Taking oral iron really bites! But I guess it's better than a blood transfusion. My Dr. says that he has this conversation post-surgery with parents twice a day -- their child is in pain, they need relief. Ugggg. We're giving Abby just a tiny bit of diluted apple juice (oh, the things I've given her that I have sworn I wouldn't give her till she was older...) to help with the constipation (and hopefully the crying.) We didn't take the iron yesterday and had a pretty good nights sleep and very little fussiness today. But our Dr. convinced us we had to resume ... so here we go. He also said not only will it constipate her but it will also make her nauseous. Awesome, right? I told him that he might need to have the straightjacket prepared for me when this few months is over. That's right...she'll be on this stuff FOR A FEW MONTHS. When I heard that I almost cried. So, please pray for Abby's digestion of this stuff, very little pain and ultimately, her anemia to be completely resolved sooner than later! Here are a few pics of her doing her new favorite things -- sitting up and getting as many things into her mouth at once as she can; as well as listening to classical music and "hanging out" (hence the arm on the pillow) with Sofie the Giraffe.

2 comments:

  1. We will pray for Abby...no pain and eating well! Also praying for you Jilly, that you will be able to stand strong through all this! I know when she cries it brakes your heart. May her anemia be gone soon. No gas and that she does her thing every morning like clock work!!! We love you all and pray this part will be over soon! Praise God Grant can be home to help you durning this time...

    xoxo Grams Heatherly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update- we continue praying for you and I am so glad the giraffe has a name :) Lots of love to you all! The Chivers family

    ReplyDelete