Monday, May 17, 2010

Music

Every Tuesday morning, we have music class. It's truly a magic music class. Abby gets to play instruments, bang on drums, shake shakers, dance around the room....it's a 45 minute but seemingly never ending mountain of fun. The best part is that Tamara and Grace do it with us.



The second best part is that when we play the CD from music class, it's like hitting a reset button (as Tamara says) in Abby's brain. All that was wrong, the tooth ache, the stubbed toe...is gone and the music is playing and she's rocking out.

Abby has gotten more and more adventurous with each passing class. Last week she spent most of her time almost in the teacher's lap. I am so thrilled that Abby isn't (yet!) how I was... apparently shyly behind my mother for the first four years of my life and terrified of men. I think I actually saw her flirt with the young man at Trader Joe's today during check out when he said, "What beautiful eyes you have, Abby." She batted those long Heatherly lashes and grinned. We might be in trouble....

No comments:

Post a Comment