Sunday, May 2, 2010

Home Alone


This weekend was big for Abby (and for me!). She stayed home alone with only Daddy, overnight, for the first time. She did great and only missed me, according to Daddy for 2 full minutes when she realized I wasn't there to nurse her when she woke up. She did okay drinking from her sippy cup since she still doesn't take a bottle. When I saw her, she gave me a big smile and then was off - pointing at the flowers, other people.... It makes me happy knowing we both did it and can handle our trip at the end of the month. Grant was amazing, of course. I came home to a happy baby, a clean house and lots of stories about going to the flea market, picking up pizza and Abby being rocked to sleep. She's definitely a daddy's girl. She feels safe, undoubtedly, as her little feet attest in this picture, being held by daddy.

Now that she's 11 months, she's blowing bubbles, making crazy noises with her tongue, can flip her tongue over in both directions (I certainly can't do that), still only has one tooth, says "mamamamama" and zillions of other syllables and loves to yank off earrings. I swear she looked bigger to me today after being gone 24 hours. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. How Wonderful for All
    A WIN WIN Situation
    Congratulations To Everyone
    Job Well Done
    Love To All
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates - glad to see Abby is like my children - a room full of toys and they always play with the "non" toy items! Looking so big Miss Abby! Love, the Chivers

    ReplyDelete