Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Swinging!


Abby's first time in a swing was today. I don't think she was too enthused... but then again, the sun was super bright, we were at a brand new park and the seat was huge for her. And when I say "swing" i actually mean "gently rocked." I've really been reminded lately that this time is starting to go quickly. Sure, she's till in 6 month clothes and she's 8.5 months old. Sure, she's not at her target weight. Sure, she's small! But she's doing great, gaining weight and (thank the good Lord!) sleeping through the night (thanks to all of you who prepared me to train her!). This is a new feeling, this "she's getting bigger and I need to savor this" feeling. For so long, all I've wanted is for her to grow, for her hair to grow, for her feet to grow....and now -- it's happening. I already miss my 6 pound peanut.

6 comments:

  1. Where did you go for this cool swing? I want Pema in one! And did you spray it down with Lysol first? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that just means you need to have number two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Abby another try
    If she is like her Daddy
    His favorite was the swing and monkey bars!

    Wow Abby's hair is really growing
    She is a little doll
    Love
    Grandma "N"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God she is doing so well.... and yes, we do miss that "Little Peanut".. but hey, life changes and we must adjust... Its more fun that way....

    xoxo Abby's grams

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you will enjoy every stage and change, because you love life and the Lord's gifts of ordinary days in it. Abby will always pick that up and share it with you. That's the magic of the ordinary days...Can't wait to watch them with you!

    G in TN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, just got caught up on dear Abby. What a girl! Loved your jumping bean - and what fun she was having. Looks like good exercise as well.
    I am so happy she is doing well and thriving. You and Grant deserve so many kudos. Rewards to come, I'm sure.
    Bless you all
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete