Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Royalty and Jackie O

Abby has had a big week so far. She did a few very "big girl" things.... sat up in the tub with no "infant insert" to keep her suspended (and therefore, her scar from getting submerged) as well as tried out the Bumbo seat since she is starting to really sit up -- although not quite by herself. She loved the tub and did not really love the Bumbo. It's like exercise to her at this point. Soon enough she'll be sitting in front of a computer for hours a day and I'll wish she never learned to sit still! Sorry for the graphic pic, but here she is in the tub... look at how good that scar looks! Kinda sad for me who LOVES looking at it. Soon enough it will be gone....And how bout that belly, eh? I'm praying for super chub.
Our friend Letam came over for dinner this week and Abby had her first brush with royalty. No, seriously. He really is a Prince. Sorry for the blurry picture...but she LOVED meeting him. I think he whispered to her that there was a tiara in her future.

And, she dressed up a bit today with a sweet little Jackie O sweater that my mom actually knitted for JJ's daughter, Miller -- and she graciously let us borrow it back! She's channeling Jackie O....but with leg warmers. Maybe a Flashdance version of Jackie? Hmmmm.....And look how close she is to rolling over! She's hanging tight in the mid 10 pound range....now if we could only get this girl to fall in love with sleep.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. She is so stinkin' cute. I must get my hands on her soon :). Enjoy every day - she will be running all around before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I can say is:

    PRAISE THE GOOD LORD AND THANK HIM FOR ABIGAIL. HE IS FAITHFUL AND TURE.

    Abigail's Grams

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. What a well dressed little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "ABIGAIL"
    There are no Words Big Enough
    Strong Enough
    Meaningful Enough
    To Express our Love and Gratitude Enough
    for You
    Words to say how much You are
    LOVED and ADMIRED
    My Little Soul With Big Blue Eyes
    YOU ARE A LOVELY LITTLE LADY
    You Have Style
    I want a sweater just like that
    You and the sweater are Beautiful
    It is as special as you are
    "Our Miss Precious"
    Love You
    God Bless & Thank You God
    For Our ABIGAIL
    Love & Kisses
    GM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, loved the photos of the little darling. Thank you for keeping all of us in the loop. I enjoy watching Abby's progress and your joy in her achievements. God Bless you all.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is too much! You know it's all the love that is being showered upon her - that's the reason she is doing so well!!! I bet she's gonna love that turkey and dressing, that should put a few pounds on, make sure she gets some pie too :)

    Love ya, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What style! Abigail will soon be able to have tea at Balmoral. (smile). See below as dictated by Abby:

    "Awsome great I'm sitting up
    and I can flaunt my stuff.
    I'm growing into actions...
    the days not long enough.

    God has made me beautiful
    and like the sun I shine,
    I always will be thankful
    for gifts from God through time.

    Why is it to be the case
    that I will stop to praise?
    Because my mom and dad do ...
    The Word is where they graze.

    They show how a little lamb
    is safe within the flock ...
    When I follow my flock's path
    these feet will stand on rock.

    Precious visions God bestows
    in clouds,on beach, land and sea.
    I imagine sundry things
    though I am still quite wee.

    Let us do the highland fling
    or skip and run or sing ...
    For we are each a 'Royal'
    Our Father is The King."

    As told to Rebecca C Manning by Abby.

    ReplyDelete