Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy 6th Month Birthday, Abby!

Today was a BIG day. Abby turned 6 months old. I didn't quite realize she was HALF A YEAR OLD until today. It snuck up on me....and I can't keep her in the "infant" category any more in my mind. That's because the girl is finally growing! She started off her day with a big breakfast of avocados and flax seed oil (yum?) which she loves. We headed out for a walk in her newest favorite --facing forward in the Moby wrap. She took a typical nap (20 minutes --grrrrr) and then we headed to the cardiologist. She gained 1 kilo in a month. She hardly gained 1 kilo in the entire previous 4 months before surgery that we'd been going to him. Hip Hip Hurrah! He kindly took Abby off of the Lasix medication that has been drying out her lungs and said that hopefully, very soon, she can quit the iron, too.
Here she is playing this morning...

Waiting for the cardiologist wore her out!

Check out how great her scar looks! We're waiting to see our Dr. after her EKG.

The best part of MY day was Abby falling asleep on the way home and STAYING asleep for OVER AN HOUR. I'm still in shock. Then it was off to the park to see some friends.

And if you can believe it, these two are only four months apart....


We are so thankful for all the ways the Lord made her 6th month birthday very special. If I could (or didn't care about her health!) I would give her a big, fat buttercream laden cupcake tonight for dessert. But alas, she'll have to settle for breast milk. Maybe I can eat that cupcake....

4 comments:

  1. What a very special day for you both! I can't get enough of her cute pixs and reading what you will write next Jill. Grant isn't the only one who writes well :) "Happy 6 month Birthday" to Abby Mae and may she continue to thrive and grow well under our Lord's and your care.

    Love you all, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday my friend! I can see a little bit of chub developing on those cheeks. Can I give you some of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Abby!!! 1 kilo in 1 month?!!! That's awesome! I'm so proud of and inspired by all of you. Look how far ALL of you have come!! God is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, don't know how much 1 kilo is but I tell it is a great accomplishment! Such a cutie. I, too, enjoy the tales of her
    progress and all the pictures. God Bless
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete