Thursday, December 17, 2009

Carrots & Lily

Abby had her first taste of carrots today. She LOVED 'em. She isn't gaining weight the gang-buster way she was a few weeks ago. I'm sure she's having normal growth spurts here and there but of course, we have a lot of catching up to do and I want continual big time weight gain. It's always a prayer request in this house that Abby will continue to gain weight. I guess I won't be weaning her off of those night feedings anytime soon! She's doing just great -- I just won't be completely satisfied until she's "caught up" -- as all the doctors say that she will.

It's been 3 months since our good friend Gina had her baby girl, Lily and we had yet to meet her. Since Gina is a disinfecting crazy woman, we had no need to worry about germs and headed over to her house for a bit today. We joke that the girls will be choreographing dance routines the way Gina and I did in high school...but to be honest, Abby was really enthralled with Lily's older brother, Luke. Oh boy. Here is Gina and Lily (she's got the coolest hair in town)...
and here are the girls, laughing it up. Oh! And, while we were there, Abby kept "grabbing" for my water glass. Finally, I got the hint and gave her a sip. I tell ya, the girl is going to be throwing back her very own Sigg of water soon. Hope you are all having a wonderful December so far!


5 comments:

  1. Too precious... little did I foresee you and Gina introducting your daughters to each other. God is so good. Can't wait to give Abby a big hug... Keep up the good work Jilly.

    xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. And carrots are just the beginning of her growing love for good food, I'm sure. She'll be up to that target weight in no time. How awesome to see her smiling eyes and face. I love it! Blessings to you. We miss being able to see you just down the road, but in God's universe, what's time or distance? Thanks, too, Jill for your quote from EM Bounds. Knowing He is in control even to the timing of our opportunities to grow is such a comfort. Be anxious for nothing...
    G in TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this entry in the blog because I get to see two of my favorite families. The girls are adorable together! Lots of love to you all during the holidays, hope Abby enjoys her first Christmas! Love, The Chivers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the continued growth of Abby Mae. I get wonderful upates about the entire family from Grant's mom when we speak on the phone. Seems like she always gets to the blog before I do. Kitty Cat (The Judge) sends love to Abby Mae from himself and also Ms MacMouse. Love to all. Rebecca C.M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, you make me smile with happiness with such great news of your
    Abby Mae. I wish you, Grant and the little darling a very blessed and happy Christmas. I know that gain will come in the new year.
    Love and hugs to you
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete